Our private homes come in 3 sizes:
- 1 bedroom + den (on one level)
- 3 bedrooms (on two levels)
- 4 bedrooms (on three levels)
Sizes range from 687 sq.ft to 1609 sq.ft. Kitchens face the community street while living rooms and master bedrooms are at the rear facing green spaces. Our homes reveal an emphasis on efficient use of space while providing a comfortable and pleasing interior design.
Front entry doors are on the main atrium street and many homes also have basement entrances from the lower street.
Sample Floor Plans:
- Location: 20543 – 96th Avenue, Langley, southwestern British Columbia, Canada
- Ownership form: strata title
- Area: 5.8 acres, 1.8 acres developed, remainder preserved (including salmon stream).
- Housing Units: 34 clustered townhouses, some units stacked.
- Homes sell at market rates.
- Project’s cohousing consultant: Chris ScottHanson of Cohousing Resources
- Architect: Davidson, Yuen, Simpson Architects
- Contractor: Northmark Construction, Surrey, B.C.
- Project Cost: approx. $6 million CDN (1996)
Programming and schematic design: McCamant & Durrett Architects/The Cohousing Company
Kathryn McCamant and Charles Durrett (1994). Cohousing. A Contemporary Approach to Housing Ourselves.
Order at amazon.ca